|How to Use IS & ASET|
|Taking IS Photos|
|Using ASET Scope|
|Reference Chart - IS|
|Reference Chart - ASET|
|Light Return & Shadow|
|Fancy Shapes - IS & ASET|
|HCA CUT CALCULATOR(free)|
Test your Skills
Test your Ideal-Scope cut grading skills and your general cut knowledge
(answers at the bottom of the page)
1. What colours indicate light leakage?
a. Black and pale pink
b. Pink and pale pink
c. Pink and black
d. White and pale pink
2. What indicates excellent optical symmetry?
a. An eight pointed black star
b. Bright pink kite facets
c. A large table reflection
d. An even pink coloration
3. A diamond with more brilliance has:
a. a white centre
b. a black star
c. an even spread of black
d. an even spread of red / pink
4. If a diamond with good scintillation has:
a. lots of black
b. black all around the edge of the stone
c. an even balance of black and pink
d. an even balance of pink and white
5. The ideal-scope is suitable for diamond clarity grading.
True or False?
ANSWERS 1-5 (PART A)
1. d - White and pale pink
2. a - An eight pointed black star
3. d - With an even spread of pink
4. c - With an even balance of black and pink
5. False, its magnification is not high enough
Grade these stones Excellent, Fair or Poor for Light Return and Symmetry
6-12 (PART B)
6. Fair - not terrible but losing a reasonable amount of light
7. Fair to Poor - lots of pink but too shallow causing too much black. A lot of darkness means reduced light return and reduced scintillation and brilliance. The lack of a clear star pattern indicates fair symmetry
8. Poor strong leakage in the centre and around the edge. Excellent Symmetry though the stone shows no black star.
9. Poor to Fair - a lot of leakage around the upper girdles. Fair Symmetry
10. Fair to Poor- strong pink but too much black. Lots of black indicates reduced scintillation and brilliance. Ill defined star indicates Poor symmetry
11. Excellent tending to Very Good/Fair because there is a little too much black on arrow ends and in centre. Very Good Symmetry.
12. Excellent light return, Excellent symmetry.